glade n : a tract of land with few or no trees in the middle of a wooded area [syn: clearing]
- Rhymes with: -eɪd
Glade can mean:
- Glade (brand), air freshener products
- Glade (geography), open area in woodland, synonym for "clearing"
- Glade, Kansas, a city located in Phillips County, Kansas
- Glade Interface Designer, a GUI designer for GTK+ and GNOME
- Glade Township, Pennsylvania, located in Warren County, Pennsylvania
- Glades County, Florida, located in south central Florida
- The Glade, an annual electronic dance music festival in England
- The Glade (magazine), a hunting magazine published in London
- The Glades (Florida), located in Western Palm Beach County, Florida
- The Glades (New Jersey), located in southern New Jersey.
- Glade skiing, skiing amongst trees
Lebensraum, air space, back country, baygall, bog, bottom, bottomland, bottoms, buffalo wallow, clear space, clearance, clearing, desert, distant prospect, empty view, everglade, fen, fenland, hog wallow, holm, living space, marais, marish, marsh, marshland, meadow, mere, mire, moor, moorland, morass, moss, mud, mud flat, open country, open space, outback, peat bog, plain, prairie, quagmire, quicksand, salt marsh, slob land, slough, sough, steppe, sump, swale, swamp, swampland, taiga, terrain, territory, wallow, wash, wide-open spaces, wilderness